We advise and prepare documentation in relation to all aspects of developing, tendering and leasing commercial property.
In the aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis and subsequent financial crisis, our expert knowledge in asset protection and insolvency has enabled us to advise our clients on new forms of structuring to protect their commercial and financial interests against uncertainty in the property and securities markets.
Our work in this area has included:
- formulating and implementing a tender process on behalf of a client to sell and lease back its industrial property portfolio, with properties in 4 States to the value of in excess of $70 million;
- the acquisition of distressed debt and securities including general security agreements, guarantees and mortgages over assets including high-rise apartment towers in order for our client to refurbish, lease and ultimately sell the mortgaged property as a security holder;
- the structuring of joint ventures to carry out farming businesses and property development projects in rural areas;
- structuring a project to build and lease a purpose-built showroom for a major car franchise. When the builder became insolvent in the course of construction, we devised and implemented an urgent restructure which enabled the project to be completed;
- establishment of management companies and special purpose trust entities to successfully undertake substantial property developments;
- taxation advice in relation to domestic and offshore property transactions including investments by inpatriate and foreign investors;
- advice in relation to potential migrants with respect to their significant property investment.