We negotiate and document both national and international joint venture arrangements, advising joint venture partners on the legal, commercial and tax aspects of their intended relationships and projects, including the impact of international tax treaties.
Examples of our work in this area include:
- joint venture arrangements for the bidding company to acquire a $100 million majority interest in a large listed agribusiness company;
- a joint venture for the mass production in Morocco and marketing internationally of blueberries, with joint venture partners located in Australia, UK and Morocco;
- a joint venture between an Australian university and one of Australia’s largest private education providers to conduct educational courses for thousands of overseas students at campuses in major capital cities in Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and USA;
- the structuring of joint ventures in China through offshore entities such as wholly owned foreign entities (WOFE);
- acquisition of significant interests in large propriety company by Chinese investors;
- acting for Chinese interests in acquisition and licensing of intellectual property for Australian Companies;
- establishing joint ventures involving WOFE with Chinese joint ventures.